20 January 2011

The Real Deal

As with any new hobby of mine, I can't stop talking about it...  Well, I ran my mouth to the right person the other day.

It turns out that a co-worker of mine used to be into home brewing, and had an entire setup that he was looking to get out of his basement.  He asked if I would be interested in picking it up (at a considerable discount), and I couldn't say no.

A few days later, after he had gotten everything together and ready to go, I paid the man, and we loaded up my car.


It was less than 30 degrees outside, and icy, so I really didn't have too much time to look over my spoils, but later on at home, I could finally sit down and look at what I'd gotten.



I was looking at two 5 gallon carboys, an airlock for each one, a bucket for bottling that was full of all of the equipment I could need.  I had a hydrometer, thermometer, hoses and bottling wands, a carboy cleaner, even a few containers of malt extract he'd never used.  Plus, he had a bottle capper, two 12 bottle cases of 20oz brown glass bottles, and enough bottlecaps for a few batches.  I am now officially set up for serious buisness homebrewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment