24 January 2011

The Fruits of my Labor

Saturday was the day.  I opened and enjoyed my first homebrew.  The Mr. Beer West Coast Pale Ale.

I chilled it in the fridge for an hour or so, and cracked it open at lunch.


It was a clear, fairly well carbonated beer, and the head stuck around for a normal amount of time.  After the first hesitant sip, I was pleasantly surprised.  For a Mr. Beer booster recipe, it was actually pretty good.  A very light, almost fruity beer, I could easily drink a few glasses full at a cookout or something like that.  It's not really the beer you're looking for during the dead of winter, but it's still a good one.

I give this batch 8 glasses out of 10.  It scores high because it's my first batch, and I'm very pleased that it's drinkable, let alone good.  I was wary about investing any more money into this hobby, since I hadn't even tried this batch yet, but after doing so, I'm very glad I did.  I can only imagine how much better my next recipes will taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment