24 October 2011

Honey Hibiscus Wit

After reading over my last few entries before the huge gap, I realize I never gave a review of the Honey Hibiscus Wit, affectionately dubbed 'stinky pinky' by my friends (because of the color & aroma)...

It's unlike anything I've had before.  To recap, this one was brewed with a pound of honey, hibiscus flowers, coriander seed, and bitter orange peel.  I brought the first bottle out to try before the beer had a chance to mature.  Cracked it open, poured it into a few glasses, and was disappointed.  The taste wasn't that great, and the beer seemed over-carbonated.

Fast forward to a month later, when I sat staring at a case of this beer in my closet, wondering what I was going to do with it.  I cracked one open, just to give it a second chance, and promptly drank two of them.  The taste had changed completely.



It's a very light beer, that is translucent pink in color (the picture doesn't do it justice).  My friend summed it up best when he said, "I drank the first one, and spent the whole time trying to come up with what it tasted like.  Then I drank another one, and realized that it doesn't taste like anything I've had before."

No comments:

Post a Comment